Friday, July 30, 2010

Alexandrites: The Chameleon of Gems!



Also known as the chameleon of Russia or The Colour Changing Gem, Natural Alexandrites are extremely rare! It does not help when there are lab grown Alexandrites easily available at a fraction of a price! I refuse to settle for anything other than the real thing!

This piece from my drawer weights 5.5 Carats and just so I can sleep easy at night, I insisted my jeweler had it tested by a lab to prove that it is a natural alexandrite.

Design inspired by the legacy collection of Tiffany's, this ring unfortunately did not come in a little blue box... but, I don't think anyone is going to complain about having a pave set diamond and natural alexandrite ring in her drawer. Definitely not me!



Unfortunately, the lights in my room are not exactly suitable to illustrate the colour change but the certificate will show what I mean!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Site Meter