Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Light Padparadscha Diamond Lotus Ring from the Edwardian Period



A Lotus in Sunset... in more ways than one

I have been an absolute sinner for not being persistent in my blogging... realization came only when a reader wrote to me to ask for tips for buying a ruby in Myanmar... I wish him my very best in finding the gem of his dreams.

Not that I am finding excuses but much has been happening on the personal and "professional" front. Nonetheless, I still found time to pick up delightful pieces like this Edwardian piece from the States (god knows how it ended up there but who cares right?)

It is a collapsable lotus diamond ring with a light padparadscha center... I don't think anything gets more exciting than this. How apt in terms of symbology and gemological meaning... brings a smile to my face.

Every collapsable petal of the lotus has 3 flower cut vintage diamonds and there are about 24 petals... so there are a whole lot of old diamonds. The center has been changed because it is new... the person that has changed the center must have been someone who knows about gems because Padparadschas' colour is "Lotus in Sunset". I think the rest should remain unsaid.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Site Meter